Saturday, March 04, 2006

Double True!!

Hey folks, sorry about not posting for a while but my access to a computer is a little limited. Hopefully I can change that before to long and can be a little more regular.

This week the NJP continued on one of the most torrid paces in known history. We took 4 more points. PeelBerry led the way with what I believe was a 647. Myself, I bowled a 599. It sure does seem like since me and PeelBerry and I got our new balls one of us seems to excel with the other one not far behind. NJPMan continued some of his struggles with spares, but we are sure that he will soon again regain his presence on the lanes of M-66. Luckily for us the first place team actually dropped a couple of games this week which has now put us into a possition that if the cards fall in our favor, we could over take first place with a good week. The only problem I forsee is next week. We are going against the ever pesky ghost team who sure seems to come up and bite you everytime. Yet I do think that we can overcome.

There is our bowling update. Yet I am not done. I think it is worth speaking about some the evils that I am seeing more and more of in our society. One such event that comes to mind is the unwarrented assault of a young man in a rural area of west Michigan. The young man was walking the 6 mile trek home from work when a car with 3 "gentelman" stopped and proceeded to beat this mand with fists, boots and baseball bats. To do believe that the young man in still fighting for his life in a west Michigan hospital. One of the sad things about this incident is that one of the young men in the car was an individual that the victim went to college with. Does anyone else see how bad this is? A young man who was just walking home after a hard nights work was almost killed for what? Fun? Pure amusment? If you ask me, no answer is acceptable. Since when did a Saturday night out with the boys include a good old fashioned jumping.

This incident strikes a cord with me because a similar thing happened to me and one of my friends. It was actually my birthday about 12 years ago and I had gone to walk my friend over so that we may play some video games and just be a couple of 15 year-old boys. At about the halfway point of our trip a car pulled up across the street from us. I noticed that this was a car that I had seen before. It was the car of an individual that went to the high school near my junior high. This fellow also had a brother that was in my grade at the junior high. The car then stopped and with 2 young men hanging out the window berating us with various verbal assaults. "You guys think your hard?" was there taunt of choice. My friend and I ignored this and continued on our kind of lauging off everything. Then 3 or 4 young men emerged from the car and approached us. My friend saw our classmate and said "Whats up Victor?". And without warning one of the other men slugged my friend. He then turned and ran, knowing that he was out numbered. I was pushing my bike and could not make such a hasty getaway. I was soon caught and thrown to th ground where I was repeatedly kicked and punched. Finally it all stopped and the young men ran back to there vehical and hurried off. I still, to this day, carry a scar on my lip from that day. It serves as a reminder of stupidity. I remember thinking the rest of the way home what I had done to deserve this. And the answer in the same with the comatose young man. There is no answer. It just proves a sad state of affairs for our community and society that hasnt changed for at least 12 years.

Well folks I'm out. Holla Back!!!!!

ShrekZilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home