Monday, November 14, 2005

RIP Latino Heat




Yesterday I checked the wrestling news sites to see how the TNA PPV was going only to shocked by some of the saddest news I have heard in a long time. Eddie Guerrero is gone. Even after some time for it to set in it still doesn't seem true. As a wrestling fan I loved this guy. I have ever since I was first exposed to him in WCW. He put on classic matches with the likes of Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio. His LWO gimmick was a classic. Eventually he made his way to WWE where he ascended all the way to WWE Champion and shared an emotional moment with his good friend Benoit at Wrestlemania 20 as both stood in the ring the champions conventional wisdom said they would never be. He was a consumate performer who never let his fans down and he will be missed dearly.

My favorite Eddie moment was when my wife and I went to a Raw show in Grand Rapids, MI a few years ago. The Rock was champion and Eddie came out and cut one of his classic "Crazy Eddie" promos talking about how he ripped his daughter's Rock poster off the wall and lamented on how his daughter liked the Rock more than him. He then went on say a line I still use to this day..."You know, and all these gavachos know. That I'm the better wrestler holmes!". Eddie and The Rock went on to give us a classic main event. Now that I think about it, classic is about the best word I can use for Eddie. He may have had his demons, but he had beat them and for him to go so soon is a travesty.

We will miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home