Saturday, April 29, 2006

Just Gotta Say Something Again.....

I know that I have already made a post about immigration, but after getting today's paper I think I'll make another post about this issue.

In the local paper today they informed me that all local "latino" business owners will be closed on Monday as a sign of protest against "strict immigration reform". Again my point is this; either you are illegal or you are legal. PERIOD!!!!! How many times do I have to say it? It syre does seem like a simple issue. The argument has been put forward that we are all "immigrants". This is true. However, my ancestors came here legally. Probably spending a little bit of time on Ellis Island or any other type of late 19th century immigrant stop on ther long trip to citizenship. My ancestors didnt crawl under a fence or swim across a river. They crossed an ocean searching for a better life from the oppresive state of Europe at the time. At this time Europe was land in midst of many civil wars and still quite unsure if would make it to see the 21st cenury. Mexicans are in several forms of strife themselves, mostly from the economic condition of there country. But if the U.S. was to do anything they should try and help out that courty so people might want to stay there.

The icing on the cake is the creation of a spanish form of the "Star Spangled-Banner". Is anything sacred anymore from extreme policically correctness? I dont know where this will lead. Times will only tell.

I'm out.........Shrek OUT!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home