Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Chi-Town Baby!!!


I would like to start out by apologizing for my absence from our voice on the web. So for that I am very sorry.


Well folks, the entire trip got off to a rather slow start. NJPMan, PeelBerry and myself came together around 8 pm but just sat around for about 2 hours before beginning our journey. We just got caught up in one of all of our favorite past times, video games. But once on the road we were gone and in Chicago in what I believe was just a couple hours. (PeelBerry put the pedal to the metal and got us there in good time.)

Once in the city of wind we made it to Nate's place, where we would be spending the next two nites. We chatted for a little bit and finally made our ways to bed, getting ready ready for tomorrows big game with the Chicago Cubs pitted against the best team in the NL, the New York Metropolitans a.k.a. Mets. We had to get up early to get something good to eat before hopping on the "E.L." to the north side, and one of only 3 remaining old school stadiums, Wrigley Field. Upon arriving I felt something. Not quite sure what it was but it was kinda like this feeling of aahhh. What else could I be feeling. I was about to walk into a stadium that has existed longer than anyone person I know. It is a place where so many greats have entered, played and milled about. Great like Ruth, DiMaggio, Rose and Mantle. Some of the greatest American heros known in the world of sports and American baseball. The multitudes of people whom have traveled through these gates. Needless to say, it was just a little humbling.

As we found our seats they were pretty much perpendicular to the first base line, in the upper decl behind home plate. As far I could tell, there isnt a bad seat in the house. I sure do think that we all had one hell of a time being at one of the last great meccas to American sport.

I'll have some more on he trip tomorrow.

ShrekZilla.....out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home