Thursday, August 10, 2006

All I Ask.....

I just want to say that I think this debate is great to be had, especially between a couple of freinds such as me and TheBoomCamel.

I smell what your cooking brother. And I do agree with most of it. I know, from first hand experience, that the job market in this state is in the toilet and somehing needs to be done. Obviously the elemination of any tax will create jobs. But also how many of those folks are not just content with the size of there company now? They pour no more money into the company and just pocket the rest. I do think however that most bussiness owners will want to expand and become more efficient and effective, thus being more profitable.

All I am asking for is a plan. A plan that will explain what will be done in the future. I do understand that politics is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of bussiness. I still think that you need to look a little more than just 6 inches in front of your face (that is what football is all about). It is easy right now for these folks to say that we have a year and a half to cross that bridge when we come to it.

The point is that we need a plan. Don't just say we will do this and fix it later. Just think a little bit before we act. Seems pretty simple to me.

I think that this will also kick off my campaign for any office in the upcoming year. Whether it be local, state or even national I think that I need to do something. I am just tired of the same old chatter in all the houses of out goverrning bodies. I would like to think of myself as a right-democrat and a left-republican. I believe that the moderation of our political beliefes is in everyone's best interest. I would like to recruit TheBoomCamel as my right-hand man during this whole thing. While we often disagree, we always know that the best way is somewhere in the middle.

Stay with us folks...


ShrekZilla

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger TheBoomCamel said...

Since I believe we have come to an understanding here I would just add that those who voted to eliminate the SBT believe that is the plan and the hopefully expanded tax base will replace that lost tax revenue.

You know you have to run man...Will they put beer in the pitchers at the commision meetings?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home