Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Disappointing

Over the last several weeks I have seen our state's gubernatorial race take a sad turn. As we come down to the stretch run of the race, both candidates have taken there campaigns negative. I have seen the most negative ads from Gov. Granholm's camp. Most of the time a move like this is only made out of desperation, when there is nothing more to do to get votes. That is why this upsets me most. This is a very close race with neither candidate holding a very large lead over the other. Granholm is actually in the lead a bit. Her edge is coming from the women voters who don't feel that DeVos has much to offer them I guess he doesn't really, we just don't know any of his thought on social issues. As I have stated before, his web site which is very informative is very vague on any ideas on how to change the issues he wants to tackle. Granholm also has a problem with not getting across a good solid message about the future. Most of her ads are reminding people of what she has accomplished in the last 4 years.

I cannot completely blame both of the candidates for this. Due to new campaign finance laws, candidates are only able to spend and raise a certain amount of money. With these new laws, we have seen an increase in spending of private organizations. These groups usually are small and very specific with their purposes, attempting to get "their" candidate. While these groups are small. They do have quite a bit of influence.

Well folks, jut a quick commentary about the state of our state.



I'm out
Shrek

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger TheBoomCamel said...

Yeah, the negativity is getting old. What is funny is that neither candidate has talked social issues in any substinative manner. Too much economy talk. Who knows. I do think that DeVos has done a good job with the China thing though. It is a non issue and he has done a good job pointing out the pointless nature of the attack.

Time will tell...

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger ShrekZilla said...

That is what i am saying man. DeVos is always talking about how he is going to make jobs in michigan. But then he doesnt say how. and Granholm just talks about the jobs that she has created. Which if you ask me, isnt very many. I do think that she has done the best job with what she had though. I dont know. I would be very interested to see what they say about things like crime, the Canada garbage issue and even the Welfare issue.
I do think that DeVos has handeled the critisism better. His big thing is putting himself on the screen. letting people see him abd hear him. I think this is very important. Although I dont agree with serveral of his thoughts and policies, I do think that he has run a good campaign. But I guess that is what almost endless amounts of money will get you.

Shrek...OUT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home